The Web Site collects certain information from and about its users in several ways – directly from visitors, from third parties, from our web server logs, and with cookies or other forms of passive data gathering.
User-Supplied Information: There are several areas in the Web Site where we collect personal information from you on a voluntary basis. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable that is not otherwise publicly available, such as your name, address, e-mail address, mailing address, gender, date of birth, or phone numbers. We may collect this information at the following times: (i) when you sign a petition or otherwise sign-up to receive communications ; (ii) when you seek information or apply for services offered through the Web Site and other web sites (iii) when you provide personal information to us through feedback, survey, or other forms hosted on this Web Site or other websites; and (iv) when you send us an email or otherwise communicate with us.
Server Log Information: When you visit an internet web site, you automatically disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the site or page that offered a link to a page on TomSteyer.com). Like many other sites, the Web Site records this basic information about visits to the Web Site.
The Web Site may also collect passive data, such as clickstream data or a user’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type, time and date of visit, and page views. Clickstream data is a term defined to include a record of clicked selections within the Web Site.
The Web Site may use pixel tags in web pages and certain other content that may read cookies. Similar pixel tags on the Web Site will permit us to count users and collect additional information to improve the content of our Web Site, diagnose problems with our equipment, administer the Web Site, and provide related services.
Although the Web Site seeks to protect your personal information, the Web Site cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We use information in different ways, including to:
- Respond to your inquiry or request;
- Provide, maintain and improve the Web Site and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver information that you request and or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, and resources;
- To improve the Web Site and internal operations, including to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Web Site; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. The Web Site may also collect the IP addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With partner organizations and with candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Web Site; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Web Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
The Web Site may disclose User Supplied Information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws; (ii) respond to government inquiries; (iii) comply with valid legal processes; and (iv) protect the rights or property of the Web Site, or Visitors of the Web Site.
The Web Site adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the Federal Trade Commission’s regulations implementing this Act. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. The Web Site is intended for use by persons 18 years old or older.
We may periodically send you updates, newsletters and other promotional e.mails. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our e-mails. Our e-mail database is continually updated. However, you may continue to receive e-mail communications from us for up to ten business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request. If you opt out of promotional emails, we may still send you other types of emails, such as administrative emails about your use of the Web Site.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, while we strive to protect your personal information, the Web Site cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, we take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Questions regarding the above statement should be directed to 415-757-6600 for clarification.